INFORMATION ON NOSTRIFICATION OF SCHOOL CERTIFICATES
AND SECONDARY SCHOOL CERTIFICATES OBTAINED ABROAD
Issues related with nostrification of school certificates and secondary school certificates obtained abroad are regulated by art. 93 of the Enactment of 7-th September 1991 on Edu-cation System (Journal of Law of 2004, No 256, p. 2572 with subsequent alternations), as well as by the Decree of the Minister of Education and Learning of 6-th April 2006 (Journal of Law of No 63, p. 443), hereinafter called "Decree".
Nostrification of school certificates obtained abroad is to be made by the school superintendent competent in respect of the domicile of the applicant for nostrification. In case of lack of such a domicile - the school superintendent competent in respect of the seat of the institution in which the applicant for nostrification is going to submit the certificate obtained abroad.
The person applying for nostrification of certificate shall submit the following docu-ments in the school superintendent office:
- Application form to perform nostrification procedure (see: application form),
- Original school certificate or its duplicate, attested by a consul of the Republic of Poland who is at the office in the country in which the subjected document has been issued with the reservation of § 14, section 2 and 3 of the Decree (see also: instruction),
- Declaration that the submitted certificate has not been so far a subject of nostrifica-tion procedure in Poland (see: application form),
- In case of applying for recognition of school completion certificate or secondary school certificate obtained abroad as equal to Polish secondary school certificate - a statutory declaration confirming that the subjected certificate entitles the holder to apply for admission to university studies of any kind of university studies in the coun-try within which education system the institution issuing the certificate operates (if in the certificate there is no comment stating such entitlement). Such statutory declara-tion can be issued by:
- education authorities of the country, within which education system the certificate has been issued, or
- accredited on the territory of the Republic of Poland diplomatic representation or con-sulate office of the country within which education system the certificate has been issued , or
- a consul of the Republic of Poland being at the office in the country within which edu-cation system the certificate has been issued;
- In case one applies to recognize school completion certificate obtained abroad as equal to Polish certificate of completion of
a public primary vocational school, public secondary school, profiled secondary school, technical school or public post-secondary school - a document presenting the course of education that shall comprise in particular:
- a list of educational classes and marks achieved,
- number of hours designated for their realization,
- provided by the curriculum period of learning in schools abroad that is necessary to obtain the subjected certificate, counting from the first year of education, not before the age of 6 (provided this information is not included in the substance of the subje-cted certificate).
- In case one applies to recognize school completion certificate obtained abroad as equal to Polish certificate of completion of a public primary school or public grammar school - we kindly ask you to present a certificate of education duration in schools abroad that is necessary to get the subjected certificate, counting from the first year of education, not before the age of 6 (provided this information is not included in the substance of the subjected certificate).
- Translation into Polish of the certificate and related documents made in foreign language, made by:
- sworn translator enrolled on the list of sworn translators managed by the Ministry of Justice, or
- consul of the Republic of Poland being at the office in country in which education system the subjected document has been issued.
- In case the Applicant is not the person for whom the certificate has been issued - an authorization given by the owner of the certificate (see: authorization form).
We also explain that nostrification of the same certificate obtained abroad can be performed only once. The nostrification certificate keeps its validity only together with the original certificate obtained abroad or its duplicate.